Yup, I finished the black multi color costume and I decided to continue with stash busting. I always wanted to make a goddess type costume with flowing white chiffon and a lot of AB crystals. Through the years, I made several drawings and sketches, playing around with the design. This is my most recent sketch, I drew it by hand and did a bit of coloring with photoshop.
The bra ad belt will be covered with chiffon that has been pleated and sewn into place. The beaded trim is accenting the upper edge of the belt and lower edge of the bra. Some draped fabric hanging off the shoulder creates an interesting line and some movement from the shoulder strap. The general idea is Golden Era meets goddess. Since I am preparing a performance where I am symbolizing the moon, I’ll call this one the Moon Goddess costume.
The good news is that I have most of the materials already in my stash, probably because I collect fabric and beads like a squirrel collects nuts.
- White felt that I can use for the belt base
- White tricot fabric to cover the bra and belt base
- Some scraps of white chiffon left over from student veils I made about a year ago
- About two yards of rhinestone AB trim, bought from a Chinese store on eBay
- Left over fringe pieces in bright silver, patent silver and white silver (yes, three different types of silver)
What do you think, should I use one type of fringe? two types? three types? and if I have to choose, which one would work best? I have a yard of each. Leave a comment below or on my facebook post.